Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 4: Organising Photos


I prefered this photo in colour...


The Black seemed to take away from the life
of the picture rather than highlight it...

We watched the second episode of the Genius of Photography this week and I learned a lot more about the ideas and themes that some photographers stuck with in their works.

I also really started to appreciate the way some photos looked better in black and white rather than colour as it can make them look more natural and highlights certain parts that can be drowned out and distracting when in colour like the photos below...



The Adobe Bridge Application was also really helpful with better organising my photos and eliminating the bad photos from the good. Their was useful options for viewing and organising too such as star ratings out of five.

I found it really helped me figure out where I was heading with my final folio as I wasn't sure if I wanted to do more abstract Light photos or repeated photos of the same place at various times but after going through all the photos I've already taken I think I'm definitely leaning towards the abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment